Filmed in Brownsville almost 30 years ago
Relive this classic in-person in our beautiful downtown on July 23, 2017.
The event this year is sponsored by Linn County Museum Friends, Inc.
Stand By Me Cruise In
Be a part of history by celebrating this iconic movie with us!
June 23, 2017
If you can’t make it on July 23, visit Brownsville anytime.
Download the Walking Tour Map and you can wander through Pioneer Park, home of the pie-eating contest. Take a picture at the Castle Rock City Hall sign, on display at Brownsville’s City Hall. Stop by the Pioneer Picture Gallery to view dozens of photos shot during filming. Check out the Linn County Historical Museum to get your Stand By Me souvenirs.
Get the history and become a fan again. You can find the latest information on Stand By Me Day, or post your questions, thoughts and comments about the movie, on our Facebook page.
Watch Return to Castle Rock, featuring Brownsville and its devotion to Stand By Me.
See all the Stand By Me events
Looking for more Stand By Me resources?
- Stand By Me Walking Tour Map
- Stand By Me Photos – Then and Now – March 2011
- Stand By Me on Facebook
- Ben King’s video of “Stand by Me”
- Watch the trailer for Stand By Me
- 2007 Major League Eaters Blueberry Pie Eating Contest
- Stand by Me Filming Location, Herve Attia
- Stand By Me – Japanese Press Release